Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Introduction

Vegetables are disgusting, for the most part.  I rarely eat them.  In fact, I think I can honestly say that the only vegetables I eat and like are corn, potatoes, and acorn squash.  And I'm pretty sure that those first two don't count as vegetables.  If I have to, I can just about choke down a carrot.  Even the smell of cabbage or beans make me feel like being sick.

Is this a problem?  I feel fine.  Whatever benefits people who eat vegetables have, I'm not missing them, like a person blind from birth, because I don't think I've ever had them.  But it's awkward socially, isn't it?  Go on a first date, and I feel like a bit of a dope asking for my taco with just meat and cheese, and no, just hold the salad, please.

So I'm going to try to learn to expand my horizons.  I'm going to do this by learning as much as I can, by trying things more than once, and by any other method I can come up with.  I don't know if I'll succeed wholly, or partially, or if, a month from now, I'll be back in the warm, squishy arms of Chef Boy-R-Dee.

You're welcome to join me on my little journey, if you like.  I know for sure that I'm not the only person with this embarrassing personal problem.  Who knows what the future holds?

No comments:

Post a Comment